Happy Spring! There’s no time like the present to get your home in tip-top shape. Freshen up your space with our spring cleaning checklist to get your home squeaky clean without the added stress of the overwhelming and time consuming task that is spring cleaning.
- Make a Schedule- Have a plan so you focus on the task at hand only. This will make the project seem much more do-able. You don’t have to clean the entire house in one day, spread the work out so you don’t get overwhelmed. Try cleaning room-by-room to make the overall project more manageable!
- Declutter- A disorganized home will make you feel stressed and as if the work isn’t getting done. Declutter before tackling other deep-cleaning projects. An effective decluttering method is sorting your belongings into 4 categories: trash, keep, donate, storage. This is a great place to start!
- Think Green- Use a steam cleaner to get your home squeaky clean without the added chemicals and toxins of other cleaning supplies. Only buy the basic cleaning supplies, like a good all-purpose cleaner and microfiber cloths. You can also make homemade cleaners to further protect the environment.
- Freshen the Air- Replacing HVAC and furnace filters is one of the most overlooked parts of spring cleaning and can make one of the biggest differences. All those closed windows and doors during winter can leave musty, lifeless air in your house. In addition to changing your filter, air out your home by opening all of your windows for a few hours. The house will instantly feel refreshed and rejuvenated as fresh air flows through.
- Work Top to Bottom- Force debris downward so you don’t end up re-dusting your space. Don’t forget to dust walls, light fixtures, and ceiling fans and also windex windows before you finish with mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming carpets to pick up the dust that may have fallen to the ground.
- Rearrange Some things – You might find your space looks neater and more put together when your furniture is placed differently. This is an easy way to instantly bring your home to life and can even give you some design inspiration. It will also force you to vacuum and sweep underneath where your furniture once was, further tidying your space.
- Set the Tone- Make your space feel light and airy by adding pops of Spring colors in the form of pillows, fresh linens, and other decor pieces.
- Establish Good Cleaning Habits- Now that your home is clean, keep it that way. Simple 15 minute cleaning routines practiced daily will save you a lot of time and energy in the long run and keep your home feeling fresh and tidy 24/7.